Top Review by BeginnerBakerMomma
These bars are soooo yummy!! All of the ingredients taste lovely together, though I may add different ingredients to the top crumble layer. And/or sprinkle some powdered sugar and cinnamon on top. Very very good, I will definitely be baking these bad boys again!!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box lemon cake mix or 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, plus
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 cups saltine crackers, finely crushed (1/4 lb)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, heat cake mix, margarine and 1 egg with mixer until crumbly.
- Stir in saltine crumbs.
- Reserving 2 cups of crumb mixture, press remaining crumbs into bottom of greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- With mixer or wire whisk, beat 3 egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spread over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until set. Cool.
- Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.