Recipe by Berliner Goere
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. With just the right mix of sweet and tangy.
Top Review by JenSmith
My sister made these last week, using 1 tsp lemon extract. They were very good, and remind us of the famous cookies made by Archway, but without the lemon glaze. This is a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, plus
- extra sugar, to roll cookies in
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and lemon extract.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and stir into butter mix.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for about 9-11 minutes depending on your oven (cookies should be light brown around the edge).
- Let rest about 10 minutes before moving.
- Try one and adjust temperature or time if needed.