Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a recipe I frequently get requests for and it is one of my favourite recipes to bring along to a function not only because it is a crowd pleaser but also because it is so darn simple.... might as well make a double batch if you want to have some for yourself!
- 1 (520 g) box lemon cake mix (Dunkin Hines is the best)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of (optional when using lemon extract)
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- Poor cake mix into bowl.
- mix eggs, butter, lemon extract and zest together.
- Pour wet ingredients in with cake mix and stir.
- Roll into small balls and generously coat with icing sugar.
- Cook at 350'F for 9 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
This recipe is very good! Thanks for posting Kim. This is much like another recipe on Food with pecans. If you like straight lemon these are for you. They come out really pretty and uniform if you form the balls of dough similarly. If you use the zest make sure to use icing sugar. If you don't want to roll in sugar, make sure to make them without the zest as they are strong. If you make without the icing sugar they are not as sweet FYI. Also, I tested some with granulated sugar and they came out delish but not as shiny as with icing sugar. They are fun, easy to make and are a tempting treat even for those who don't like fruity things. The time and temp were spot on for us. I cooled them on a wire rack. Good lemony bites in no time.<br/>Enjoy! ChefDLH