Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are easy to make! I have made these without the lemon jam, and they are still delicious! In order to spread the jam more easily over the cream cheese mixture just heat slighty in the microwave to soften.
Top Review by Lil' Nutbrown Hare
Yum yum yum!! I also used homemade lemon curd on this one as I have never heard of or seen lemon jam. It is kinda hard to roll out the top part of the dough, but even if you have some of the lemon filling showing, no worries...it lets people know there is a surprise inside! I'm sure you could just do this with the cream cheese mixture as well an no lemon stuff. The possibilies are endless!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup lemon jam
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 egg white
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Unroll one can of the rolls then press into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl beat egg yolk with cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth and well blended; spread on the crescent roll dough in the pan.
- Top/spread with a thin layer of lemon jam.
- Unroll the remaining can of crescent dough then shape into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle, place over the cream cheese filling mixture.
- Whisk the egg white then brush over the dough, then sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool in pan then cut into squares.