Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Huey's Cooking Adventures. A simple crepe recipe that can be served as is or fill with seasonal fruit and cream and roll and serve. Resting time has not been included in the time frame.
- 105 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons (grated zest or rind and juice of)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (1 or 2 good pinches)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (a small pinch)
- 300 ml milk
- 30 g unsalted butter
- Put the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the centre and add the egg one at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon between each egg.
- Add the lemon zest and a good pinch or two of sugar and salt and then add the millk little by little, whisking well between each addition to get a smooth mix.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- When ready, melt butter in a crepe (or omelette) non-stick pan and then add the melted butter to the crepe mix and whisk well to combine.
- Using a small ladle, put some of the mix into the hot pan (over a medium heat) and then swirl to spread and cook until bubbles begin the appear and then flip and cook other side.
- Continue till all mix is used, you may have to use a little bit of extra butter to grease the pan depending on your pan.
- To serve fold the crepes up in triangles, pour a little lemon juice over the top and sprinle with a little sugar or fill with seasonal fruit and a little cream and roll and above all enjoy.
These were so easy to put together, but I found the mixture a little watery when cooking. This made the crepes hard to turn around in the pan, but then again I made huge 20 cms crepes and I think they are only meant to be for small crepes. However the whole family enjoyed them for desert, we fill them with organic apple puree and cream. Yum! Thanks I'm Pat for posting a wonderful recipe.
The taste of these crepes are amazing. The lemon taste is just perfect. It was very yummy with lemon juice and icing sugar. I just had lots of problem to flip them. I'm used to do thick pancakes. Thin crepes is not my thing. That's why I don't have a photo to post LOL Thanks I'mPat :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for November 2010
When eating out DD always orders crepes for dessert. I grew up with them so flipping them is fun for me. Have yet to drop one.Served them with raspberry preserve.Thanks for sharing. You just put lemon in your recipe's title and you got me!