Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- white pepper
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 medium crepes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce cognac
- For crepes, combine the whole eggs, milk, butter, flour until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat a 7 1/2-inch crepe pan. Lightly oil the pan. Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter in the center of the pan. Tilt pan from left to right to cover entire surface. Cook the crepe until the edges begin to brown and flip cook until done. Remove from the pan.
- Using a hand-held blender, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, powdered sugar, juice of two lemons, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fill each crepe with 3 tablespoons of the filling. Roll the crepes up tightly and place in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Add the remaining juice of six lemons and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add the crepes to the mixture. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cognac. Carefully place the pan, back over the heat and flame the mixture, shaking the pan back and fourth several times. Continue to shake until the flame dies out. Lay three crepes in the center of each plate. Spoon the sauce over the top and serve.