Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just love lemon desserts and plan to make this soon! From the Sherwood Inn. Skaneateles, New York.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 baked pie shell
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, half-and-half, butter, lemon juice and zest, and egg yolks.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool at room temperature until set.
Absolutely wonderful. Creamy, rich and lemony! Easy to make and could not be easier!! ZWT6
This was really good and creamy. My neighbors child said it tasted like lemon cheese.....can't get any creamier than that! Made by a fellow Unruly.
Everyone loved this pie.Its very rich and creamy.Will make it again.