If you are looking for a special dessert and love lemon, look no further. This fits the bill on both counts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons chilled whipping cream (or more)
- 1 egg white, beaten to blend
- 1For crust: Combine flour, sugar and salt in processor.
- 2Blend 5 seconds.
- 3Using on/off turns, blend in butter until coarse meal forms.
- 4Add 4 teaspoons cream.
- 5Using on/off turns, blend until moist clumps form, adding more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- 6Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- 7Wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Roll out dough on floured surface to 12-inch round.
- 10Transfer to 9-inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- 11Roll overhand in, pressing to form double thick sides.
- 12Bake crust until golden, pressing with the back of fork if crust bubbles, about 18 minutes (small cracks may appear).
- 13Brush inside of hot crust twice with egg white.
- 14Maintain oven temperature.
- 15For filling: Whisk 3/4 cup sugar, cream, yolks, and eggs in bowl to blend well.
- 16Mix in lemon juice and lemon peel.
- 17Pour filling into warm crust.
- 18Bake until filling is slightly puffed at edges and set in center, about 30 minutes.
- 19Cool completely about 1 hour.
- 20Preheat broiler.
- 21Place tart on baking sheet.
- 22Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent burning.
- 23Sprinkle tart with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 24Broil tart until sugar melts and caramelizes, turning sheet for even browning, about 2 minutes.
- 25Transfer tart to rack.
- 26Cool until topping is crisp, about 1 hour.
- 27Push tart bottom up, releasing tart.
- 28Place on platter, garnish with lemon slices, if desired, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Creme Brulee Tart
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.2
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 214.6 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g