Recipe by Sauce Lover
so lemony, so smooth, so good!!
Top Review by luv2run&cook
Made this recipe last night for 4. I used the standard size ramakins (not the little shallow ones). Was the perfect amount. Everyone including myself loved it!! This recipe is amazing Lemony, smooth addictive! I didn't have any cinnamon sticks so I used about a 1/4 of a tea of ground cinnamon as a substitute. I only had 1 lemon but that produced more than enough juice/rinds. This is a new favorite dessert! Thanks
- 2 lemons
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken in half)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. From lemons, remove 6 strips peel (3"by 1" each)and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat cream, cinnamon stick, and lemon peel over med.-high heat just until simmering. Remove saucepan from heat;cover and let stand 15 minutes.(Cream will develop a thin skin on top;whisk in when mixing into egg yolks.) Remove cinnamon stick and lemon peel;discard.
- In large bowl, with whisk or fork, beat egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt until blended.Whisk for one minute(you don't want it to be grainy from the sugar, it should be smooth)Beat in warm cream mixture and lemon juice. Pour custard in six 3-oz. broiler safe ramekins or custard cups.
- Place ramekins in 13"by9" baking pan,carefully pour boiling water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or just until set (mixture will still be slightly soft in center). Remove ramekins from baking pan; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until well chilled.
- Up to 4 hours before serving, preheat broiler. In small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle tops of chilled custards with sugar mixture.
- Place ramekins on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet with ramekins in broiler at closest position to source of heat and broil 1 to 2 minutes until sugar melts and browns slightly. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours. If not served within 4 hours, sugar topping will lose its crispness.