Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Betty Crocker online.
Make and share this Lemon Creme Bars (Cookie Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz, not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix, using fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of cookie mixture into bottom of pan; bake 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir condensed milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until thick.
- Spread over baked crust.
- Crumble remaining cookie mixture over top.
- Bake about 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Cook time doesn't include 30 minutes of refrigeration.