Recipe by Mrs B
Another recipe from Waitrose Food Illustrated magazine, that I confess I have yet to try. It sounds super and simple to make; should be a winner! Cooking time is the overnight chilling time.
- 250 g ginger snaps or 250 g biscuits
- 50 g butter, melted
- 400 g condensed milk
- 284 ml double cream
- 3 large lemons, zest of, finely grated, plus
- 150 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whizz the biscuits to crumbs in a processor (or crush with a rolling pin); mix with the butter and press crumb mixture into the base of a 20cm spring form tin; chill.
- Stir the condensed milk and cream together (don’t whip the cream), add most of the lemon zest (save some for decoration) and the juice, stirring together until the mixture thickens; pour over the base.
- Chill overnight then serve scattered with the remaining lemon zest.