Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe from,, but it is so refreshing. These go quickly especially on a nice day.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pints strawberries, approximately 42
- Beat the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, lemon peel and juice until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- This filling can be made ahead or it can be kept in the refrigerator.
- Remove the hulls from your strawberries, wash and dry well.
- Place on a paper-lined tray with the hull side down.
- Cut an x half way down the strawberry.
- Pull the sections apart only slightly.
- Spoon your filling into pastry bag fitted with a 1/2" star tip.
- Pie approximately a tsp.
- of filling into each strawberry.
- The berries may be filled 2 hrs.
- before serving.
- To serve: Place in petit-four cups.
My 13 year old grandson and my 13 year old great neice made this yesterday for a family cookout and they went fast. It was easy for a 13 year old to make and all that got one loved them and went back for more.
I have made these. The recipe I use I believe came from a Southern Living book. These are really good. Don't make them too far in advance or the strawberries will get soggy. Thanks for the recipe.
These are great! The flavor is wonderful, and they are very cute. I bet this would also be really great with lime too. Thanks for sharing!