Recipe by ReeLani
Found this in a back issue of Good Housekeeping. I love lemon and spice together, so I'm sure it'll be tasty. Haven't tried it yet but will soon. Servings, prep and cook time are all the suggestions of the magazine and don't include cooling time.
- 1 (14 ounce) box gingerbread cake mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (4 oz)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup prepared lemon curd
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2" jellyroll pan, line it with parchment and grease the parchment.
- Prepare gingerbread as directed on the box for a cake.
- Stir in the walnuts and spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or'til a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack.
- When the cake is cool, prepare the lemon-cream filling as follows:.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer at medium speed until it's smooth.
- Add the lemon curd and and beat just'til blended.
- (DON'T overmix-- this will make the filling too loose.).
- To assemble the cake invert it onto a large cutting board and peel off the parchment.
- Cut the cake crosswise into 4 equal rectangles and place 1 rectangle on a platter.
- Top with one fourth (a heaping 1/3 cup) of the lemon filling, and repeat with remaining cake rectangles and lemon filling.
- If not serving right away cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.