Lemony cream sauce with pasta, vegetables and shrimp. If you love lemons, this sauce is to die for. I cut this recipe in half for 2 and it worked out just fine with a little leftover.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh arugula
- cooked shrimp (quantity desired by cook)
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (to garnish)
- 1 lb of your favorite macaroni (I used Cellentani)
- Bring water to boil with salt.
- Add broccoli for 3 minutes to cook. Remove and blanch in cold water.
- Add pasta to water and cook to desired taste.
- Meanwhile, sauté 1 TBS garlic (I probably used 2 TBS I like a lot of garlic) in olive oil, cooking 1 minute on low heat.
- Add 2 cups heavy cream and reduce over medium heat.
- Add juice of 2 lemons and zest of 2 lemons along with 2 TSP salt and 1 TSP pepper.
- Allow to reduce by half 10-12 minutes.
- When sauce is close to ready, add cooked shrimp to sauce just to warm the shrimp.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss in cherry tomatoes, broccoli, arugula and the Lemon Cream Sauce.
- Garnish with fresh Parmiganio Reggiano.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this. It was easy to make and very tasty. I used fat-free half & half since I am watching the waistline so it wasn't quite as rich as I know it should be. Still loved it! I also used spinach instead of arugula since that is what they had at the store.....very nice! Made for ZWT3
This is lovely light pasta sauce, with lots of flavor. I used 1 cup each of cream and 1/2 & 1/2, skipped the arugula and used chopped tomatoes. My son and I had portions for lunch with shrimp and broccoli, I'm using the rest for a potluck, with finely chopped red pepper, tomatoes and fresh grated parmesian added, I'll be serving it cool. The zing of the lemon is really good, I served this with Yummy Cheese Garlic Bread and a nice glass of Reisling.