Prep 35 mins
Cook 18 mins
Another recipe I got out of a magazine and they are very good.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream, plus
- 1 teaspoon whipping cream, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until they're small beads.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of the cream, egg yolks and lemon peel.
- Pour into flour mixture; stir with fork until evenly moistened.
- With hands, quickly and gently press together to form dough.
- On lightly floured surface, pat into 7-inch round, 1-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 rounds, pressing together dough scraps as necessary and place on baking sheet.
- Lightly brush tops of scones with remaining 1 Tbsp of cream; sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Lemon Cream.
- Lemon Cream:.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar at medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold in sour cream and lemon peel.
- Serve over scones.