1/4 Photos of Lemon-Cream Sandwich Cookies
TaterBug! :)'s Note:
This is a terrific and addictive recipe for the best lemon cookies that you will ever put in your mouth. I can't take credit as this recipe comes from Citizen Cake in San Francisco. Enjoy!! These are well worth the work. This recipe can make 30+ cookies. It reall depends on how you cut the cookies and how much filling you add.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks softened to room temp)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2Using the back of a spoon mash lemon zest and salt to a paste in a medium bowl.
- 3Add butter. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy.
- 4Add powdered sugar in 4 batches, beating after each addition until well blended.
- 6Boil lemon juice and lemon zest in small pan until the mixture is reduced to two tablespoons, this takes about four minutes, watch it closely.
- 7Pour into a small bowl and let cool.
- 8Sift flour, salt, and baking soda into a small bowl.
- 9Using an electric mixer beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy.
- 10Add sugar, beat until well blended.
- 11Beat in two whole eggs, one at a time, then beat in two egg yolks.
- 12Beat in lemon juice mixture.
- 13Add in dry ingredients and stir until well blended but do not overstir!
- 14Cover dough and chill until very firm, at least four hours and up to one day.
- 15Preheat oven to 375°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 16Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to scant 3/8 inch thickness.
- 17Using 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
- 18Transfer cookies to baking sheets and bake one pan at a time for best results.
- 19Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 20Transfer to racks and cool completely, repeat with remaining dough.
- 21Spread 2 tablespoons of filling on the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie.
- 22Repeat process to make your sandwich cookies.
- 23Can be made 2 days ahead.
- 24Store airtight in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Cream Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g