Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a cross between a butter cookie and lemon cheesecake.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- confectioners' sugar (for rolling out the dough)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt until crumbly.
- Add your butter chunks and mix until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Add the sour cream and egg yolk and mix until the dough becomes smooth and pulls away from the bowl.
- Remove from the bowl and form into a disk.
- Wrap in saran wrap and chill for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll-out the dough (using the confectioners sugar on your counter and your rolling pin).
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle about 1/8th of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into squares (about 3 inches wide).
- Place the dough into the holes of a muffin tin.
- Its okay if the dough overruns the hole a little.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lemon zet until creamy and smooth.
- Put about a teaspoon of filling in each pastry.
- Bake until golden brown (about 30 minutes).
- Let cool before serving.