Recipe by looneytunesfan
A gorgeous springtime pie. Perfect for Easter.
Top Review by majimcar8
I made this pie yesterday and what a flop. The flavor was delicious but it was very watery - was not solid. Tell me what I did wrong. I followed every direction and used every ingredient that is on the recipe.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15 oz box)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup lemon pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- round multi-colored decorative candies, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Make pie crust as directed on box for One Crust Baked Shell using a 9 inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese about 30 seconds or until creamy. Gradually beat in milk until well blended.
- Add pudding mix; beat 30 seconds or until smooth. On low speed, beat in pie filling just until blended. Fold 2 1/4 cups whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Spoon pudding mixture into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate pie at least 2 hours or until set.
- Pipe or spoon whipped topping on top of pie as desired. Sprinkle with candies.