Recipe by Nana Lee
These are similar to my Savory or Sweet Napoleon Sandwiches Recipe #1483361. This recipe is from Sandra Lee on the food network. On her show she topped all 3 layers of wontons with the pudding mix but the recipe directions say just 2 layers have pudding mix. I guess you could try it with 2 first and see if any leftover filling. Then you could top the 3rd layer with pudding mix plus the whipped topping and lemon zest.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely minced, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine ricotta, lemon pudding and sour cream. Process until smooth.
- Add lemon zest and process for 1 minute. Mix until pudding consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line baking sheet with kitchen parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and warm water. Stir until honey dissolves.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush wrappers on both sides with honey water.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool.
- To serve, place one wrapper on a plate and spoon a dollop of pudding mixture.
- Repeat with another layer.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the whipped topping.
- Top third wrapper with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of lemon zest.