Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I created these for Easter, but they can be used any time. So delightful!!!
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 ounces premium white chocolate chips
- food coloring
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- On a lightly floured surface, rolls out puff pastry sheet to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutter of choice, cut out 9 shapes per sheet.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- It's a good idea to place your uncooked napoleons in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to ensure that they are cold.
- Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes, until lightly brown and puffed.
- Cool completely on rack.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon filling equally over bottom halves.
- Lightly top with top halves of napoleons.
- In a heavy duty zip lock baggie, melt white chocolate in microwave about 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add a drop or 2 of food coloring to melted white chocolate and knead baggie until color is even.
- Cut a small corner off the baggie and drizzle melted chocolate over napoleons.
- Alternately, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar instead of white chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
We served these along with several other items for dessert at a family gathering. Overall, I would say that this was the most popular item. The children loved making them, and the adults loved eating them. People could not believe that the filling was just pudding and cool whip! Thanks for the quick, easy, wonderful recipe Charmie777!