Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This takes a cake mix to the max. A very spectacular presentation and luscious to eat. I love this cake in the summertime!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon lemons, rind of, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, finely shredded
- strawberry, sliced
- 1 lemon, rind of, cut in short thin strips
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- Beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Set aside 2 cups of the batter.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the 2-cups reserved batter, the lemon peel, lemon juice and food coloring.
- Layer batters alternately in prepared pan, beginning and ending with yellow batter.
- Using a narrow spatula, gently swirl through batters to marble.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 45 minutes or until it tests done with toothpick.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.
- For Frosting: In large mixing bowl, beat powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in the frozen whipped dessert topping.
- In a small bowl, mix vanilla pudding mix and milk with electric mixer on ow speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon shredded lemon peel.
- Fold the pudding into the cream cheese mixture.
- To Assemble Cake: Cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Spread some of the frosting between layers.
- Frost entire cake with remaining frosting.
- Garnish with blueberries, sliced strawberries and small pieces of lemon peel.