Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are some yummy lemon cupcakes. The recipe uses Splenda, but you can replace it with sugar.
Make and share this Lemon Cream Cupcakes (Splenda) recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, mix apple sauce and splenda. Beat in eggwhites, one at a time.
- Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to apple sauce mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting I like to mix maple syrup with some lemon juice and whiskey, and soak bottom of the cup cakes in it, or just use some sugar-free coolwhip.