Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are some yummy lemon cupcakes. The recipe uses Splenda, but you can replace it with sugar.
Make and share this Lemon Cream Cupcakes (Splenda) recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, mix apple sauce and splenda. Beat in eggwhites, one at a time.
- Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to apple sauce mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting I like to mix maple syrup with some lemon juice and whiskey, and soak bottom of the cup cakes in it, or just use some sugar-free coolwhip.
well as expected they turned oiut awful the crust like textur eon the top and then gooey the hard as a rock at the botton it you can get to the bottom ... the paper stayed stuck on over half of the muffin... i have added 3 egg yolks and a 12 cup of milk to the othe rhalf of the batch.. hopefully they can be saved...
Do not make!!
I cooked half the batch in silicon baking cups and the other half in paper liners. The cupcakes stuck to the paper liners and half was lost to the paper. They came out of the silicon baking cups ok but consistancy was very heavy and gooey (kinda rubbery). The lemon flavor (used the lemon peel from the lemon) was really nice. My Dad is a diabetic and will eat them but don't think I'll make them again.