Recipe by His Servant
This comes from our local Sparkle market. They post recipes every week. You can surf their archived recipes at sparklemarkets.com I am always looking for chicken recipes.
Top Review by Nyteglori
I was quite disappointed in the taste of this. It was a bit too sour and and it seemed like it was missing something. I think that adding some lemon zest would have smoothed the flavors out a bit. I dont think the lemon juice needs to be decreased just balanced a bit. It did thicken up nicely and made a wonderfully thick creamy sauce though.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add broth to the pan drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.