1/2 Photos of Lemon Cream Cheese Squares
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Portable cheesecake, rich and tart!Adapted from the All Butter Fresh Cream Sugar Packed No Holds Barred Baking Book by Judy Rosenberg!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 egg white, for glazing
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease an 8" square baking pan with butter.
- 2For the base:.
- 3Process the flour and confectoner's sugar in a food processor for several seconds. Add the butter and process until the dough comes together, 20 to 30 seconds.
- 4Pat the dough gently over the bottom of prepared pan and about 1" up the sides. Glaze it with the egg white: Pour the egg white on the dough and tip the pan from side to side so the white spreads over the surface. Pour off the excess.
- 5Bake the base on the center oven rack until golden, about 25 minutes. Place the base in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to cool completely. Keep on the oven.
- 6Meanwhile prepare the topping:.
- 7Using an electric mixer on medium high speed, cream the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest together in a medium bowl till light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Stop the mixer once or twice to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 8Add the sour cream and lemon juice and beat the mixture on medium high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl.
- 9Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on medium high speed until smooth and creamy,about 10 seconds. Spread the topping evenly over the base.
- 10Bake the bars on the center oven rack until the top is slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, about 1 hour. If the topping bubbles up during baking, prick the bubbles with a toothpick or a thin knife.
- 11Allow the bars to cool completely on a rack. Cut them with the point of a thin sharp knife that is dipped in hot water and wiped dry before each cut.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Cheese Squares
Serving Size: 1 (965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g