Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake is nice and moist. It came from one of those cake mix fix-up cookbooks.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 (9 ounce) packagessingle-layer yellow cake mix
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and lemon extract in large mixer bowl. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cake mixes, flour, baking powder and water; mix just until blended.
- Turn out into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients and whisk until slightly thickened. Drizzle over cake.