Peggy Lynn's Note:
A lovely french toast recipe that is a favorite at the Rose Cottage Guest House in Tacoma, Washington. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the filling
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese or 8 ounces soft fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the batter
- 1To make filling:.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and sugar.
- 3Set aside.
- 4To make batter:.
- 5Blend eggs, half and half, sugar and vanilla and nutmeg in a large flat-bottomed bowl.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Preheat griddle to medium heat and lightly oil.
- 8Spread about two tablespoons filling on one side of a bread slice.
- 9Top with another slice and lightly press together.
- 10Dip sandwhich into batter, turn once and place on griddle.
- 11Cook until lightly browned on each side, about three minutes.
- 12Repeat to make desired number of servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Cheese French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 164.3 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of