Recipe by JanetB-KY
These are yummy. Got them this morning from a recipe group & made them as i've been in a baking mood lately. They aren't overly tangy or sweet. They have a nice creamy center and a sweet/tangy flavor. I also put a lemon juice/powdered sugar glaze on top.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour or 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F& line muffin tin with cupcake paper.
- Combine the butter and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar in a large bowl and
- beat with the mixer on medium/high until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and beat until
- well combined, scraping down the bowl once or twice as necessary.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of the lemon
- zest until just combined.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and remaining 1/4
- cup sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining 1
- teaspoon lemon zest until combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup & then place
- about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each
- portion of batter and cover the cheese with some of the remaining
- batter (the batter should reach 3/4's of the way to the top of each
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the
- pan for 10 minutes before turning over onto the wire rack to cool
- Either glaze with desired glaze or frosting or dust with confectioners sugar.