This is just what you are looking for to go with that hot cup of coffee in the morning ; ) I've made this a few times now and it is simply awesome! I know you are going to love this coffecake. This recipe is very well suited for stay over company. Use either a commercial lemon curd, or try my delicious Lemon Curd. Adapted from Cooks Recipes. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup lemon curd
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 9" springform pan or use a 9" to 10" round cake pan.
- Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in the butter with pastry blender or use two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture to use for topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture add sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Spread over bottom and 2" up the sides of the prepared pan. (You are making a crust in this step. To ease spreading, put a little flour on your fingertips).
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and large egg in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Spread over batter in pan.
- For the Topping: Spoon curd over filling; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture and then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- To serve (from springform pan), remove side of pan; slice coffee cake into wedges.
This was delicious!
This looks lovely and gives a lovely burst of lemon flavor. Thanks for posting!
This was sooo good! I wish I hadn't eatten so much BBQ before getting to desert! That's ok, more for me tomorrow :) I will be adding more of the lemon curd nexst time, probably the whole amount made with your Lemon Curd recipe