Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
My uncle requests these bars every time he comes to visit. My mom always bakes enough so he can have his own batch to take back home with him. We love anything with cream cheese and these bars are wonderful and addicting, it has quickly become a favorite recipe in our family.
Top Review by 989591
made these for a friend who had just got a kidney transplant (YEAH!) along with his favorite magic cookie bars....he said he now has a new favorite and can't wait until the next batch
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or more if desired for stronger lemon taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and 1/3 cup vegetable oil until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture to use as a crumb topping.
- Pat remaining mixture lightly in an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute.
- By hand whip, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and the remaining egg until light and smooth.
- Spread over baked layer in pan, sprinkle with reserved crumb topping mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then cool before serving.