Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My uncle requests these bars every time he comes to visit. My mom always bakes enough so he can have his own batch to take back home with him. We love anything with cream cheese and these bars are wonderful and addicting, it has quickly become a favorite recipe in our family.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or more if desired for stronger lemon taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and 1/3 cup vegetable oil until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture to use as a crumb topping.
- Pat remaining mixture lightly in an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute.
- By hand whip, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and the remaining egg until light and smooth.
- Spread over baked layer in pan, sprinkle with reserved crumb topping mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then cool before serving.
made these for a friend who had just got a kidney transplant (YEAH!) along with his favorite magic cookie bars....he said he now has a new favorite and can't wait until the next batch
Well my family thought they had died and gone to heaven! LOL I made these the day before I was going to serve them and forbid anyone from getting into them. What a chore that was! :) I should have made 2 pans! The whole family loved them! Thanks for posting a keeper! :)