Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I crave these! I have to have a reason to make these (ie ladies night) otherwise I will eat the whole pan and regret it later!
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix with pudding
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg, and oil until crumbly.
- Reserving 1 cup, pat remainder in ungreased 9x13 pan, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While that bakes, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and lemon juice together until light and smooth.
- Spread over baked layer and sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Cool and cut into bars.
This one gets our thumbs up! I sent the squares off with DH to his Saturday Pool League at the Elks and everyone raved about them. That's for keeping the pool guys happy! Made of PAC Spring 2011. A real keeper, thanks for sharing.
This is another recipe I made for a party-giving friend who doesn't do well in the kitchen ~ What can I say but that she wanted a variety of cookies/bars, & I'm good at that! Was tempted to add some lemon zest, but didn't, since that's MY preference, not my friend's! These were a big hit, & I'm keeping the recipe around here, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
These are really delicious. The lemon flavor is surprisingly light - not overwhelming or tart at all. Next time, I will grease the pan, as they were hard to remove. I dusted them with powdered sugar before serving. They were a hit at the party! This is a super-easy 5-star recipe!