Recipe by PrimQuilter
This comes from a South Carolina cookbook called Feeding the Faithful. On my list of need to makes as they sound divine !
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons margarine, at room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first layer by hand and press in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- For second layer, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- Add nuts (optional).
- Spread over first layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional powdered sugar over top when taken from oven.
- Cool and cut into squares.