Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A lemon cake made moist and rich with cream cheese and a lemon joice glaze. It's from an old Pillsbury cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in 1 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add lemon peel, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Blend at low speed just until thoroughly blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into generously greased 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes .
- Combine lemon joice and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour over hot cake, allowing it to run down edges between cake and pan.
- Cool 30 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Can't believe I haven't reviewed this cake yet, I've made it at least 3 times! Delicious! Like a couple of others, I slightly lowered the sugar content. I also double the glaze, I just can't get enough of it! So delish!
This cake has a great taste of lemon. It's perfect with the lemon zest and the lemon juice on top. It gives enough lemon flavor. The cake is moist. I used light cream cheese. I used only 1 cup of sugar in the cake but maybe 1/2 cup would be ok. Next time I'll poke the cake and pour the syrup while the cake is still hot so the syrup can go down. Thanks jean :) Made for Cookbook tag game
Wonderful cake! Thanks for sharing.