1 hr 5 mins
This luscious cake is made with heavy cream and fresh lemon juice. It is wonderful served with fresh berries, a lemon sauce or both. Top it with whipped cream and YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, and salt and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- 4In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- 5Gently stir the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture a little at a time and blend well.
- 6Blend in the cream and melted butter and then stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 8Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- 9Remove to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto the rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.8 mg
- Sodium 215.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of