Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This luscious cake is made with heavy cream and fresh lemon juice. It is wonderful served with fresh berries, a lemon sauce or both. Top it with whipped cream and YUM!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 grated lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, and salt and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the egg and sugar mixture a little at a time and blend well.
- Blend in the cream and melted butter and then stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto the rack and cool completely.