Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is not an ultra decadent cake, rather it is fresh and light and works well after a heavier meal. Can be arranged very pretty on the plate with the berries and maybe a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
Lemon Cream Cake
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Lemon Whipped Cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt cake pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and lemon extract; beat three minutes, until light and fluffy. Add remaining cake ingredients; mix on medium speed, scraping bowl often until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, in medium bowl, combine whipping cream, powdered sugar and lemon peel. Beat with mixer on high speed until stiff. Serve with cake and berries.