Lemon Cream Brulee With Berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange eight 3/4 cup ramekins or custard cups in 13x9" metal baking pan.
- COmbine cream and lemon peel in heavy small saucepan and bring to simmer. Whisk sugar and yolks in large bowl until thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture, then vanilla and salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Strain custard, then divide among cups. Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up on sides of cups.
- Bake custards unti just set in center, about 55 minutes. Remove custards from water bath; chill uncovered until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle top of each brulee with 1 teaspoons golden brown sugar. Place under hot broiler just until sugar melts and bubbles. Watch carefully, rotate ramekins for even browning.
- Rechill brulee at least 2 hours to harden sugar.
- Toss fresh raspberries with Chambord. Spoon on top of each ramekin.