This recipe won a prize at a county fair in the "Sweet Quick Breads" category.
Make and share this Lemon Cream Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and water, blending well.
- Fold in nuts and lemon rind.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Stir sugar with lemon juice until dissolved.
- Drip over hot loaf and let stand in pan for 30 minutes.
- Turn out on rack.