Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love anything with lemon cranberry and when I finally got the plain waffle recipe down right, I thought I'd try making waffles with my favourite flavour. These turned out pretty well and I'm happy with them. They make great healthy snacks because they are yummy even without the syrup.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until frothy. Add 1 tbsp of sugar and beat until peaks starts forming. Set aside.
- Spray Pam on waffle iron. Preheat waffle iron.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Add the egg yolks and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Beat until no lumps. Fold the stiff egg whites into the batter using a spatula.
- When the waffle iron is hot, add ½ cup (about 2 soup laddles) of batter to the center of the waffle iron, quickly spread batter horizontally. Close the top and cook for 2-2'15 minutes.
- Leftover waffles can be frozen. When you want to eat them later on, just pop them quickly into the toaster oven for a few minutes and they'll taste just like fresh waffles!
These turned out really good. I accidentally doubled the cranberries - but there were no complaints. I think they would be good a little sweeter and I didn't think maple syrup complemented them. Maybe a different flavor syrup would be better. Really a nice change for waffles.
Thanks for the recipe! I tried it today and everyone loved it. Neither the cranberry nor the lemon had an "overpowering" taste--they were just right and added a nice twist for our Saturday morning breakfast :)