1/3 Photos of Lemon--Cranberry Shortbread
1 hr 10 mins
I discovered this recipe while searching for a clone of the cranberry bars from a famous coffee house. These are nothing like those - they're better! I found this recipe in the December 2003 issue of Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F Line a 13x9 metal pan with foil, letting foil extend past edges (for ease of removal later).
- 2Grate 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon peel from lemons. Then squeeze 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon juice. NOTE: Both the peel and juice will be divided between the shortbread and the glaze.
- 3In food processor with knife blade attached, blend butter, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until creamy. (Reserve remaining lemon peel and juice for glaze). Add flour and pulse until dough begins to come together. Add cranberries and pulse until evenly mixed into dough (it's OK if all the cranberries aren't chopped). Press dough evenly into prepared pan with fingertips.
- 4Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is pale golden and edges are very slightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 5When shortbread is cool, in small bowl, stir remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel until smooth, adding a little remaining juice if necessary to make a good spreading consistency. Spread glaze over shortbread. Let stand until it sets, about 30 minutes.
- 6Using foil, transfer shortbread to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then make diagonal cuts to cut each strip into 12 triangles.
- 7Before serving, sprinkle with lemon-peel curls if desired.
- 8Store shortbread in tightly covered container, with waxed paper between layers, at room temperature up to 4 days, or in freezer up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon--Cranberry Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g