Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread has a strong lemon flavor. Comes out moist almost like a pound cake.
Make and share this Lemon-Cranberry Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk (you can use reg. milk if you don't have buttermilk on hand.)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Mix together in a seperate bowl dry ingredients and set aside.
- In mixer add all wet ingredients mix well.
- Slowly add dry to wet and mix till just combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Divided into two tin loaf pans or one large loaf pan or muffin tins.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour for loafs or 30-35 minutes for muffins. Will be done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Excellent recipe! Very moist with a strong lemon flavor. The cranberries add a nice tartness as well but there is a lovely balance between the sweet and tart flavors. I also plan on trying the recipe with some poppy seeds replacing the cranberries. The only thing I changed was I used 1/2 Tbls. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. baking soda. I don't like a strong baking powder flavor in my baked goods.
Excellent bread. Didn't have any lemon so used milk. Would be better with the more pronounced lemon flavor. I'll do that next time.