Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, sweetened
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- In small sauce pan, combine cranberry sauce, cornstarch, and sugar over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon into pastry shell.
- In small mixing bowl, beat the condensed milk, lemon, and egg yolk until well-blended. Spoon evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, cool, then chill thoroughly before serving.
Yummy! Lemon meringue filling on top of a layer of sweet tart cranberry sauce. Used a can of organic whole berry sauce which isn't as syrupy as the regular commercial varieties, and fresh lemon juice. Rich and very sweet but nice with a little whipped cream on top. Note that the pie shell called for is prebaked, I almost forgot! Thanks for sharing the recipe!