Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are my husband's favourite muffins - every time I decide to make a few batches, he insists I make these.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 236.59 ml fresh cranberries, halved
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, stir the sugar and the lemon zest together, and stir into the flour mixture.
- In a measuring jug, mix the lemon juice with the milk and let sit for a few minutes before whisking in the egg and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened, then fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop into greased 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and bake 23 minutes, making sure that finished muffins pass the toothpick test.
- I have no idea how long these take in a 12-cup pan.
This recipe made 18 regular size muffins. (baked on 375F for 20 mins) I used dried cranberries & added an extra egg to the batter. I also used half sugar & half Splenda to cut down on calories. Made for PAC Fall 09
Delicious! The first time Mom made this recipe, she threw in whole cranberries. The muffins were still good, but you really notice a difference when you take the time to halve the berries. The recipe made a dozen, which I baked for about 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing! I'll be making it again. :)
They are great! But I made some changes : melted butter instead of oil and I added a bit of almond extract. Yummy!