Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are my husband's favourite muffins - every time I decide to make a few batches, he insists I make these.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, stir the sugar and the lemon zest together, and stir into the flour mixture.
- In a measuring jug, mix the lemon juice with the milk and let sit for a few minutes before whisking in the egg and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened, then fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop into greased 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and bake 23 minutes, making sure that finished muffins pass the toothpick test.
- I have no idea how long these take in a 12-cup pan.
This recipe made 18 regular size muffins. (baked on 375F for 20 mins) I used dried cranberries & added an extra egg to the batter. I also used half sugar & half Splenda to cut down on calories. Made for PAC Fall 09
They are great! But I made some changes : melted butter instead of oil and I added a bit of almond extract. Yummy!
very yummy! :) A little sweet, but that's the way I like it ;P I used dried Craisins instead of fresh cranberries, and they turned out just as good. Thanks for the recipe!