Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From an old church cookbook from a thrift store.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) pre-sliced square lamb shoulder
- salt and pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place lamb on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 325 for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Drain off drippings.
- Cut lemon into thin slices, cutting each slice in half.
- Combine cranberry sauce and nutmeg.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour cranberry mixture over lamb.
- Arrange lemon slices in lamb slits.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is desired degree of doneness, basting lamb with cranberry mixture frequently.