Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons anise or 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 3500F.
- Spray an 8-1/2 x 4 in.
- loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the flours, anise seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt unti l well combined.
- In a food processor or blender, place the banana, buttermilk, eggs, brown sugar, oil, lemon juice, peel and vanilla; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Yummy! We do not care much for dried cranberries, so I used chopped fresh berries and just about a tablespoon more sugar. Nice combination of flavors.