Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These crab cakes have a wonderful lemony, light, spicy flavor. Perfect for a quick weekend brunch. Note the lower fat comments, if you're watching the fat.
- 8 ounces claw crabmeat
- 2 -3 slices white bread or 2 -3 slices French bread
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (low fat is OK if preferred)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (cooking spray is OK if preferred)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens (Spring Mix is our favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup citrus vinaigrette dressing
- Pulse bread in blender to make 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs.
- Grate yellow rind of lemon to make 1 tsp zest.
- Cut lemon in 2- 6 pieces and squeeze to make 2 tbsp juice.
- Blend mayonnaise with lemon zest, juice and seasonings in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in crab meat, breadcrumbs and onions.
- Shape mixture into eight 3 inch"cakes" on a sheet of wax paper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter (or non-stick spray).
- Cook crab cakes in skillet 4 minutes.
- Add the other tbsp butter (or more spray), turn the cakes carefully, and cook another 4 minutes.
- Cook in batches, if necessary, you don't want to crowd them in the pan.
- Meanwhile, toss greens with dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide greens onto 4 plates.
- Lay crab cakes over greens and serve with fresh tomato slices and hot garlic bread.
Yummy, crab cakes, liked the flavor of the lemon. very light. I rolled them in panko crumbs before frying. These will make a great summertime dinner. Thank you for the recipe, PanNan.
Yum! We loved these crab cakes! The lemon is intense but not overwhelming and you don't miss the more traditional seasonings. Made for Culinary Quest