Recipe by noway
Posted for ZWT6: Middle East. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Because I used Israeli couscous, I had to adjust cooking directions. First I brought the broth to the boil, added the Israeli couscous, butter, carrots and peas. Covered and simmered 10-12 minutes until broth evaporated. Stirred in the lemon juice and peel. Easy, delicious and we'll be making this again very soon. Reviewed ZWT 6.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas or 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Add peas; cook fresh peas 4 minutes or frozen peas 1 minute.
- Add couscous; cook 30 seconds, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel and butter; stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.