Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came across this unusual recipe when looking for cakes that were less sweet than others, but with lots of flavour. I was a little dubious until I tasted it, but it's a really lovely cake, light and fluffy and very easy to make. If you wished to sweeten it up a little more, maybe you could add a little lemon drizzle, or some lemon-flavoured cream cheese icing. I've made the recipe a little healthier by replacing some sunflower oil with coconut oil and some of the plain white flour with wholemeal. If you don't have these, you can simply use just sunflower oil and just white flour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Beat the egg and oil together, then mix in the courgette and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until well distributed.
- Add the flour mixture to the courgette and mix together well.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.