Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in the cottage cheese and milk until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to the rack to cool.