1/3 Photos of Lemon Coriander Chicken
Found the original recipe in one of those supermarket magazines. (Don't ask me why I still buy them despite the fact that I have hundreds of recipes saved in my cookbooks here waiting to try.) Easy to prepare and great results make this a winner for me. The original calls for conventional (out of the jar) ground corriander. I like to toast my seeds and coarsely grind them as it adds a nice toasty flavor and rustic look to the dish. Do what works best for you. Please note preparation time does not include 3-24 hour marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start off by putting the coriander seeds in a skillet over high heat. Toast for a few minutes until the seeds begin to release a pleasant aroma. Crush the seeds in a grinder, with a mortar and pestle, or with the back of thick knife.
- 2Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground coriander and place into a resealable bag or non reactive dish. Add in the garlic, lemon zest, minced peppers, lemon juice and honey.
- 3Prepare the chicken breasts with a light dusting of salt and pepper and place in the marinade. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts skinned side up into a roasting pan. Cover with the marinade. Cover dish with foil or lid and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil or lid and baste the chicken breasts with the glaze at the bottom of the pan. bake and additional 18-20 minutes until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Give a final baste and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Coriander Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 28.1 g